1. In the beginning when Rose chases a suspect down an alley, she is prepared to shoot him and does. Would you have made a different decision? Why?
2. What historical situations might have informed Rose’s decisions to keep the Houses’ secrets? Do you think her motivations were valid?
3. Did the blend of policing and magic feel “real” to you? Why or why not?
4. Rose was a loner. Did she change over the course of the story and, if so, how and why?
5. What are the ethical considerations to using the ability that House of Iron wields? How does that apply to our own use of manipulation in our relationships? In what situations would it be an ethical decision to use such a power, if ever?